Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shared Topic: World of Awecraft

This week's shared topic over at Blog Azeroth is moments when you were filled with a sense of awe when you first started playing WoW. The very first thing that jumps to mind was seeing the huge, lumbering Ancient Protectors in Darnassus. As I walked into Darnassus for the first time and saw them I was actually terrified. It took me a while to figure out that they were on our side and that they weren't going to smash me like a bug. I actually think something similar to this would be nice for new Night Elf tree form models, but that is probably unlikely. An equally awe-inspiring moment was when I was promptly one-shotted by a ?? level dragon in Ashenvale. I was so surprised I went back for more, getting killed just as quickly the second time as the first. I also felt a different sort of awe when I turned on all 8 of the default UI bars, and thought that one day I would have enough spells to fill all those bars.

While the moments of awe and wonder we experience when first beginning the game are undoubtedly the most memorable I still get those moments that jar me out of my 80 mindset and bring me back to being just a lowly noob again. Taking the boat to Howling Fjord the first time was the most epic virtual boat ride of my life. The Wrath Gate quest line was also memorable and I don't think that my heart has ever beaten as fast as it did when I ran across Loque'nahak on my hunter. It was a wonder that I didn't have a stroke before I managed to tame him. If you have moments of WoW awe that you would like to share head over to Blog Azeroth and check out the shared topics post.

1 comment: