Sunday, March 21, 2010

Welcome To Almost Epic!

Welcome to Almost Epic with me, Alamara. I’ve toyed around with the idea of writing a World of Warcraft blog for a long while now, but it was only after listening to a few episodes of the Twisted Nether Blogcast, my newest WoW podcast subscription, that I decided to get my butt off the proverbial couch and give it a shot. So thanks to the Twisted Nether Blogcast and all you awesome bloggers in the WoW community for giving me some inspiration. For my first post I figured I’d tell a bit about the real life me before I dive into the wow/gamer/ridiculously nerdy me next time. Hopefully you’ll learn just enough about me to be intrigued and add Almost Epic to your feed reader, but not so much that you become my stalker.

For starters I am a college student at a Midwestern university. I am a double History and Religion major. What am I going to do with that, you ask. Excellent question! Now if only I had an answer for you. If you have any ideas on how I cannot be homeless in a little over a year let me know. Outside of the World of Warcraft, my interests include cooking, reading, all things science fiction, obsessive sports watching (Go Colts!) and dabbling in writing. While I plan to keep most of my posts on Almost Epic WoW related, I may occasionally ramble on about my other nerdy pursuits.

I started playing WoW under the influence of my boyfriend. Sadly I’m not one of those people who have been playing since beta. I started towards the end of the Burning Crusade, only hitting level 60 on my first character the day Wrath of the Lich King came out. I still remember doing a /who as I leveled through Hellfire Peninsula and seeing that it was me and 49 death knights in the zone. Today my main is an 80 gnome affliction warlock and I am a regular, if not hardcore, raider. I also have a level 80 hunter, but she has turned into a glorified bank alt in a dress. Here and there I also find time to level my baby druid as Resto entirely through the dungeon finder tool (its way more fun than it sounds, I promise).

So that’s a bit about me. Next time I’ll go into a bit more in depth into my gaming background. I hope you’ll add me to your feed reader or come back to visit from time to time. If you have any comments or questions you can contact me at almostepicwow@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment