- Purchase a Kirin Tor ring. You don't have to upgrade it the latest version, but just having it will allow you to teleport to Dalaran, giving you instant access to the city portals and allowing you to set your hearthstone where you are currently questing.
- Purchase a Traveler's Tundra Mammoth. The ability to be able to repair and vendor items anywhere will give you a leg up while leveling.
- Obtain a pony for your argent squire, this will cost you 150 champions seals from the Argent Tournament dailies (remember them?). This will allow you remote access to either a vendor, your mail, or your bank once every 8 hours, something else that is useful for effective leveling.
- Purchase a personal guild bank for space to store all those new mats.
- Get all of your 80 characters secondary professions up. In Wrath cooking and fishing were very lucrative, especially in the beginning of the expansion. Make sure all of you characters are in a position to take advantage of this. Also picking up a Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole will make leveling easier. While Chef's Hat is nice fun item to pick up.
- Pick up heirloom gear for any alts you plan to roll come Cataclysm.
- If you are unlucky like me keep trying to get your Green Proto-Drake and Polar Bear as you probably will never go back and try to get them once Cataclysm hits.
- Finish any achievements you have had your eye on, particularly Loremaster.
There are some things that you might want to hold out on until we get PTR data. For example, I'm not purchasing my Traveler's Tundra Mammoth until the PTR is out in case there is a new, awesomer, similar mount coming in Cataclysm.