Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ding!

I haven't posted in awhile because I've been busy gearing my brand new 80 restoration druid. Even though I have two other 80s, one of which raids ICC, this is the first time I actually made a concerted effort to gear a character quickly and methodically. When I hit 80 I found that I had to purchase a few blue pieces on the auction house to even be able to queue for random heroics, although this was probably because the heirlooms I was wearing count as item level 1. So with my brand new gear equipped I hit that random button and off I went to Old Kingdom. And guess what...nobody died! I was very proud but, I quickly found that my heals were disturbingly weak in heroics as compared to regulars. At 80 I got the new spell Nourish which I had been eagerly anticipating, I glyphed it like I am supposed to and I was expecting big things from it. Not so much. It seems like it heals for less than my direct heal from Regrowth even when I have 3 HoTs rolling on the target. I'm going to chalk that up to my terrible gear though, hopefully soon I'll have more throughput. The next two dungeons I did the tank didn't die, but I did. Remembering to heal my squishy self has so far been the hardest part. I haven't been vote kicked yet, which is a nice surprise considering my dismal 2K something gear score. I even got a nice whisper at the end of a random saying I did a good job healing by someone who obviously noticed my noobish state. That made me smile. I did quit on one group after we wiped on the first boss of Violet Hold. Nub healer + tank under defense cap = fail.

So far I have 3 piece tier 9 and and a few ilevel 200 pieces from heroic drops. I've also been hitting up the regular toc 5 man to fill in some of the gaps in my gear. In the next week or so I hope to be geared enough to participate in the 2nd ICC ten man my guild runs. I have to say that it has been an adventure being just geared enough for heroics. Even though I am frequently healing over geared tanks it can get very dicey sometimes. Its such a different experience from running heroics with my uber geared warlock, but so far I'm really enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment