Saturday, June 5, 2010

Look, A Screenshot!

I finally figured out how to take and post a screenshot, so this blog might be getting better looking soon. My first screenshot is my warlock with her new Sprite Darter Hatchling. This adorable new pet is the result of my new found drive to actually start working on the things I want to accomplish before Cataclysm. This week I found myself with the time and the desire to play, but as my druid now has all the gear she can from chaining heroics I didn't have much to actually do in game, or so I thought.

The inspiration to actually get stared on my Seeker title actually came from looking up videos about the creepy children of Goldshire. From there I somehow ended up looking up hidden places in Azeroth like the islands south of Tanaris, Old Ironforge, and the dancing troll village. One person on the forums suggested visiting the top of the Twin Colossus in Feralas. Feralas, I thought, I've never really been there. Oh, I went once, when my very first character was the appropriate level. I proceeded to try to run through the Horde outpost that sits on the road, and of course, was repeatedly owned until I gave up and never went back. Ah, the days of being a noob.

So, my ICC geared warlock set out to kick some Feralas butt. And you know what? It was awesome. I had so much fun discovering this little corner of Azeroth. I even read all of the quest texts, took time to fish in every pool I saw, and of course, tested out my new found screenshot skills. One of the quest chains netted me the awesome pet above. It was such a nice change of pace to get out of Dalaran. I really enjoy questing, but this late in the expansion, when my alts are leveled, my reputation up, and no real reason to do dailies anymore my playtime usually consists of trolling the action house and raiding. I would really encourage anyone who has even the faintest desire to either tour the old world before it goes the way of the Dodo in Cataclysm, or who wants the Loremaster or Seeker titles to pick a zone that you are not very familiar with and get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment