Thursday, November 18, 2010

The End Draws Near!



With the elemental invasion in full force and the release of patch 4.0.3 the reality of the end of the world as we know it has really hit home for me, forcing me to kick it into high gear as far as the nitty gritty of Cataclysm preparations go.

/Shakes Fist

WTF people! The other day for the first time since I began to call myself an auctioneer I didn't sell a single auction. I would guess that this is because everyone just standing around in Stormwind or Ironforge waiting for the next invasion, something I myself am guilty of, but come on people, not a single auction?

Anyway, while I've been camping the city for the elemental invasion I've taken the opportunity to get some of the mindless chores done that I need to do in preparation. Remember patch 4.0.3a is coming either this week or next in my estimation. When that drops you will be able to roll the new class/race combinations and the world will go BOOM! When that happens you aren't going to want to waste your time emptying out your bank or crafting countless bags. So stop trolling trade and get cracking! Here is my list of things I've been getting done while chilling with Varian, hopefully it will remind you of some things you had planned on doing before the apocalypse is upon us.

  • Crafting - I've been turning my massive stock of netherweave and frostweave bolts into bags in preparation for the impending onslaught of re-rolls.
  • Cold Storage - I've moved some of the items that I've been stockpiling for later resale in the expansion (Wrath pets, pimp staffs, etc) into the bank of shelved alts for cold storage and moved items that I will be sending to new alts or selling right away to my bank toon's guild, thus trying to make things as organized and accessible as possible.
  • Crafting/Organizing Leveling Consumables - I've been pre-crafting items I will want for leveling that will not provide any skill ups like Runic Mana and Runic Health potions and Firecracker Salmon. For items that can get me a few skill ups once the new profession levels become trainable, like fish feasts and flasks, I have been sending the right materials to the right characters so I can quickly craft and go.
  • Winter Cleaning - I've been getting rid of anything which I don't have a specific use for, especially on my main's bank. Likewise my two 80's that I will be taking to 85 have had their bags cleaned out so that vanity items and the like which I tend to carry around have been banked in order to have as much room for leveling as possible.
  • Winter's Veil Preparation - When Winter's veil comes around you are going to want to be out experiencing the new content, not farming Small Eggs. If you plan on profiting on Winter's Veil get your stockpile of Small Eggs, Winter Clothes, and Winter boots ready to go.
  • Lurking on the AH - I've developed an unhealthy addiction to compulsively checking the AH for any goods that are getting dumped at low prices, usually by someone cleaning out their banks for Cataclysm. It's not healthy, but it can net you some sweet deals.
  • Stockades - It started as a way to get some wool cloth for Winter Clothes. Now I just randomly farm Stocks while waiting for the invasion. It takes a grand total of 7 mins and wool cloth goes for a nice price on my server so it might be worth a shot if you are bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment